A Mark of Protection – September 24, 2016

Today’s Translation: The Amplified Bible | Weekly Video: Cain & Abel (Genesis 4:1-16) 

“Cain said to the Lord, ‘My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, You have driven me out this day from the face of the land; and from Your face (presence) I will be hidden, and I will be a fugitive and an [aimless] vagabond on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.’ And the Lord said to him, ‘Therefore, whoever kills Cain, a sevenfold vengeance [that is, punishment seven times worse] shall be taken on him [by Me].’ And the Lord set a [protective] mark (sign) on Cain, so that no one who found (met) him would kill him. So Cain went away from the [manifested] presence of the Lord, and lived in the land of Nod [wandering in exile], east of Eden.” – Genesis 4:13-16 (AMP)

Live It Out!

Just like Adam and Eve, God showed Cain mercy despite his sin. Cain murdered his own brother, but God spared his life and gave him a mark of protection. God is our Heavenly Father, and He will love and protect us even when we do not deserve it. Our sin may distance us from feeling the presence of God, but His love for us will always endure.



from Paradigm Shift Ministries http://ift.tt/2dlmgTB
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commanded to Love | March 3, 2018

You Are My Witnesses – November 18, 2015